The National Title I Distinguished Schools program recognizes exemplary Title I schools
that hold students to high standards and demonstrate exemplary school effectiveness in:
• teaching and learning based on the approved state curriculum,
• use of research-based instructional strategies,
• opportunities provided for all students to achieve,
• established partnerships with parents, families, and the community,
• implementation of sustained research-based professional development, and
• innovation and modeling for other schools.
Selected schools are recognized in one of two categories. Schools in Category I are
recognized for showing a high level of sustained student achievement. Schools in
Category II are recognized for making significant progress in closing the achievement
gap between student groups.